The German Energy Agency (dena) recently presented the prestigious Energy Efficiency Award (EEA) for the 17th time at the dena Energy Transition Congress in Berlin. Patron of this year’s award is Federal Minister for Economic Affairs, Robert Habeck. Five companies were honoured for their pioneering successes and strategies on the path to climate neutrality. The award, which is endowed with a total of €30,000, emphasises the importance of technical innovations for climate neutrality in companies.
Corinna Enders, Chairperson of the Management Board at dena, said: ‘The Energy Efficiency Award is not just an award, but a barometer of inspiration to mark the entrepreneurial progress in the key areas of energy transition and climate protection. The diversity of the achievements being honoured here reflects the entire spectrum of energy efficiency. Each of the five award recipients is characterised by an outstanding wealth of ideas and an unwavering will to cooperate. These exemplary achievements are not only encouraging, but also serve as pioneering role models for the entire industry.’
Stefan Wenzel, Parliamentary State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action and Chair of dena’s Supervisory Board, emphasised: ‘The Energy Efficiency Award is once again sending out an important message this year. The award-winning energy efficiency strategies include pioneering climate protection technologies in the fields of artificial intelligence, power-to-heat and renewable energies. They show how innovative solutions and entrepreneurial spirit can be used to realise the energy transition in industry. Congratulations to all the award recipients! They are doing forward-looking and important work for energy efficiency and climate protection.’
The winning companies were recognised for their outstanding achievements in the following categories:
- Think Big! Complex energy transition projects: POLICYCLE Deutschland GmbH received the award for its use of an innovative, energy-efficient process in plastics recycling.
- From clever to digital! The broad spectrum of energy efficiency: Equinix (Germany) GmbH was recognised for leveraging artificial intelligence to improve the energy efficiency of a data centre.
- Achieving more together! Energy services as an enabler of the energy transition: Kraftblock GmbH/Eneco Groep N.V./PepsiCo, Inc. received the award for the use of a power-to-heat system with an innovative high-temperature storage unit to provide climate-friendly process heat for food production.
- Special award for small and medium-sized enterprises: Klaus Brummernhenrich GmbH & Co. KG received the special award for the systematic optimisation of an existing cooling system in plastics production.
- Concepts for a climate-neutral future! Ambitious climate protection targets, holistic transformation approaches and climate-friendly products: MPG Mendener Präzisionsrohr GmbH received the Audience Award for its ambitious climate targets, including the closing of material cycles.
About the 2023 Energy Efficiency Award:
Dena has been awarding the Energy Efficiency Award internationally since 2007. This year, around 116 applications were submitted from Germany and abroad, sponsored by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action and in cooperation with premium partner KfW. A panel of experts assessed the competition entries in four categories and also awarded a special prize for small and medium-sized enterprises. The award ceremony took place during the dena Energy Transition Congress. Further information and a list of the award recipients can be found at www.EnergyEfficiencyAward.de.
Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena), Lisa Völker, Chausseestraße 128 a, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: (+49-30) 6677-7485, E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.dena.de